Another advantage of online stores compared to physical stores is that you can keep on tabs with people who visit your site.
You can bring back people who are interested in your site/product with remarketing.
Now I will give a very familiar example.
Imagine you added a product into the cart then you changed your mind, left the store and started surfing the internet. But you see that the very items or similar ones start showing up as ads wherever you go. I know many people dislike this. Unfortunately, many companies think remarketing is placing identifying cookies on visitors’ computers and showing them ads when they’re browsing something completely irrelevant. This is actually called as “retargeting” because remarketing is vastly a broader subject.
There are ways to bring people to your website without annoying them.
- You can send reminder e-mails or notify by calling.
- You can create special offers, such as a discount on their next purchase or a gift.
- You can reach them on social media.
- You can send push notifications.
- You can prepare exclusive content to collect user information and target these people with relevant offers.
- While some of these may be possible with your own infrastructure, you may need professional help for the more advanced ones.
So, in a nutshell…
- People visit your site.
- Most leave without shopping.
- A considerable part of those who intend to shop leave items in the cart and don’t go through a purchase.
You can increase your sales without increasing your advertising costs by trying to bring back these people who heard about you, visited your site and wanted to shop.